To display a list of all keys (phones, key cards, and key fobs) that can access your Tesla Model 3, touch Controls >Locks.
An icon displays next to each key to indicate whether the key is a phone, key card, or key fob. Use this list to manage keys that have access to your vehicle. To add or delete keys, see Adding and Removing Keys section below.
NOTE: You can use the same key for more than one Model 3. This prevents you from having to deal with multiple keys when you switch vehicles. If you customize the name of an authenticated key card or key fob on one Model 3 (by touching the pencil icon), any other Model 3 to which the key card or key fob is authenticated also displays the same customized name.
NOTE: Model 3 supports up to 19 keys. When you reach this limit, you must delete a key before adding a new one.
Adding and Removing Keys
Adding a new key card or key fob:
NOTE: If adding a key fob, ensure the key fob is at room temperature. Pairing may be unsuccessful if the key fob is cold.
- On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Locks then touch + in the Keys section.
- Scan your new key card or key fob on the key reader behind the cup holders on the top of the center console. After the new key card or key fob is recognized, remove it from the key reader.
- Scan an already-authenticated (i.e. already has access to the vehicle) key card or key fob on the key reader behind the cup holders on the top of the center console.
- When complete, the key list on the touchscreen displays the newly-authenticated key. You can customize its name by touching the associated pencil icon.
Adding a new phone key:
NOTE: To add a new phone key, Bluetooth must be enabled and the phone must have the Tesla mobile app installed and connected to the vehicle’s Tesla account.
- While sitting in the vehicle, open the Tesla mobile app and select the appropriate vehicle (if there are multiple vehicles associated with the account), then touch Phone Key > Start.
- Scan an already-authenticated key card or key fob on the key reader behind the cup holders on the top of the center console.
- When the mobile app notifies you that the pairing was successful, touch Done. The key list on the touchscreen (Controls > Locks) displays the new phone key. The name of the phone key is determined by the name used in the phone’s settings.
Removing a key:
When you no longer want a key to access your vehicle (for example, you lost your phone or key card, etc.), you can remove the key.
- On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Locks.
- Find the key that you would like to delete in the key list, then touch the key’s associated trash icon.
- When prompted, scan an already-authenticated key card or key fob on the key reader behind the cup holders on the top of the center console to confirm the deletion. When complete, the key list no longer includes the deleted key.
NOTE: Your vehicle requires at least one authenticated key card or key fob at all times. If only one key card is included on the key list, this key cannot be deleted.
My app does not have “Phone Key”? Any other method to add a new Iphone (before i delete the old Iphone)?